Here is a quick check list that you can look over to see if there is anything you are missing out on the ensure your pet gerbil is happy.
- Learn about what gerbils do in the wild in their natural habitat, this will give you a much better understanding of what you can do for them and how to keep them happy in captivity in their cage.
- Gerbils cherish the opportunity to live and bond with companions of their own species.
- Ensure your cage is large enough to house your pet gerbil or gerbils, check out the multi unit cages and give them room to explore..
- Gerbils like to run free at least a couple of times a week, barricade off any escape holes and move any cables out of reach and let them out of their cge.
- Your cage should have a wheel, plenty of room to climb, toys to chew and the appropriate bedding.
- A balanced diet is essential to your gerbil’s health
- Never on any occasion pull the tip of your gerbils tail.
If you follow these basic tips your gerbil should live a happy and healthy life and provide you with lots of joy everyday.